Starting an old game in full resolution

Discussion in 'Gadgets & Computing' started by Lotec, Aug 2, 2010.

1. Lotec

Lotec Active Member

Hey guys,

I have a bit of a computer problem and thought maybe someone here might know. I'm trying to run an old game (Need For Speed 2 SE) mainly just to take Fraps screenshots, and when I took the screenshots with Fraps, the resolution turned out to be only 640x480. Same thing happened when I pressed print screen and then pasted the image onto Paint.NET, only 640x480.

I don't want to resize the 640x480 ones, my usual resolution is 1280x1024 and I'd like the screenshots to be that or somewhere around there. Is there a program for this or something? Thanks in advance :)

2. Aztlan

Aztlan Ocelotl Yolotl

I am not sure about this one since I never played those games
    what is the resolution shown in the ingame graphics/video settings?

is it the same 1280X1024 resolution as your monitor?

3. ammods

ammods Modder

i think you can only go as high as 800x600 i cant remember it's been years sincei played nfs, on an OT they were best NFS games, by far

4. Lotec

Lotec Active Member

Thanks for the responses guys. Aztlan, this game is so old that you can't even choose the resolution, lol. The only setting that is similar to that is "Screen size" and the choices are "full", "medium" and some other things. What I was wondering is if there is some kind of 3rd party program to fix old games like these, because I've seen other people have this problem but never got the right fix.

5. blaer

blaer Nandeska

you could try a custom shortcut. something like this for bf2:
    Code:
    "C:\Program Files\EA Games\Battlefield 2\BF2.exe" +menu 1 +fullscreen 1 +szx 1280 +szy 960

that starts the game in 1280 x 960 (which you can't choose ingame). the problem is
    that its a bit pointless because the textures used in that old game would just be upscaled
    and look as crap as if you resize the screenshot afterwards lol.