E3 2018

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion' started by StickyFinga, Jun 12, 2018.

1. StickyFinga

StickyFinga #HORUS

I don't have the time to make news threads right now, so I'll just put my opinions about this year's E3 into this thread.

Once again, the EA conference was a fucking joke. They've been in this business for so long and yet they have no idea
    about the simplest things like game announcements. They talked about a battle royale mode for Battlefield V and just
    didn't show anything or talk about it. After that, they announced a new game by Respawn using Respawn's boss
    (the guy behind Titanfall 2) who was sitting in the audience. But again, they didn't show anything or talk about it
    at all. A disgrace, frankly. Not to mention the funeral for Command & Conquer. A goddamn mobile game. RIP C&C.

Fortunately, after an hour of that dreadful shit, they showed Anthem, which continues to look very, very good. The
    Destiny boys and I can't wait to jump into that one.

The Microsoft did their conference, which was much more to my liking. Rapid-fire trailers and announcements. Games,
    games, games. It was great. I couldn't watch Bethesda because of timezones. The only other conference I was able to
    watch was Ubisoft's.

All in call, there are quite a lot of games I'm looking forward to. Forza Horizon 4 looks great, so does The Division 2, Assassin's
    Creed Odyssey, Devil May Cry 5, and even goddamn Gears Of War. GOW 4 didn't interest me that much, but 5 seems to be
    moving away from the cover mechanics - at least a little bit. One thing I'm curious about is Halo Infinite. I'm not opposed
    to playing Halo games. If this is part of their Play Anywhere initiative, this could mean Halo is coming back to PC!

Another big surprise was Beyond Good & Evil 2. The trailer looked nothing like the classic game from years ago. It's
    so different that it really did take me by surprise. This could turn out to be a really damn good.

2. Aztlan

Aztlan Ocelotl Yolotl

I did not watch any of the E3 conferences even though is on my time zone :lol:
    I did watch recap on Youtube about the EA conference after hearing how bad it was and boy was it bad.

You can tell by looking at body language from the Respawn's boss that they were more interested in developing the next Titanfall game instead of Star Wars.

The EA CEO is a complete joke, he is a greedy person that only cares about money and ruining great franchises.
    I feel Anthem is not going do good since it doesn't have something to identify itself; is just a combination of other games.
    Also it looks like is going to be a corridor type of game, no open environment.

It seems EA was going full steam ahead with a loot-box type of market for the majority of their games and they are now trying to fix the problem after the backlash.
    The lack of actual gameplay is very telling.

EA needs to replace it's management with people that care about gaming, but that wishful thinking on my part.

3. Aztlan

Aztlan Ocelotl Yolotl

I was disappointing that there were no news on Borderlands 3
    I guess Rage 2 made them postpone the announcement

4. StickyFinga

StickyFinga #HORUS

I agree with everything but Anthem being a corridor game. They said you can land anywhere
    you desire and that the world around you will constantly shift. To me, it sounds like an open
    world that might not be super expansive but ever-changing. We're definitely going to play it.

5. Aztlan

Aztlan Ocelotl Yolotl

They have to show more to make me think otherwise.
    after having played most of Bioware's games, it was either corridor or sandbox style with loading screens in between.

6. Aztlan

Aztlan Ocelotl Yolotl

[​IMG]

StickyFinga likes this.
  7. Aztlan

Aztlan Ocelotl Yolotl

Bioware released the full gameplay of the trailer they showed at E3.
    This game is not for me since it relies on multi-player to complete missions.
    *I am not liking all those damage numbers and text coming out enemy units whenever they are taking hits.
    *I can see they took some gameplay from Mass Effect and Dragon Age, not to mention bits from other games
    * Flying is not believable. flying downwards with three rockets on the back and the acceleration doesn't increase.
    * Maps still look enclosed, even though some sections look large
    -in one scene you could notice the player wanted to go up but it seems like there is an invisible wall in the sky.

8. StickyFinga

StickyFinga #HORUS

Not sure about the other things yet, but the numbers (damage floaties is the right term)
    can be adjusted regarding opacity and size - you can even turn them off.

9. Aztlan

Aztlan Ocelotl Yolotl

That's good to hear
    They need to start releasing details about the main story because it has been nonexistent.
    Also more details about how much of the game can be played as single player.
    Only thing they mentioned is the ability to explore by yourself, but no combat.

Really want this game to succeed since the next Dragon Age game is depending on it.

10. Aztlan

Aztlan Ocelotl Yolotl

A very good analysis of the graphics seen in the Anthem demo

11. Aztlan

Aztlan Ocelotl Yolotl

We are closing on the release date and they haven't released any interesting new info about Anthem
    Is starting to look like is just a Frankenstein game with no story.

The developers did a gameplay video recently and they did not know what they were doing most of the time

at the 14-15 minute mark, the relic was very similar to the one in Dragon Age Inquisition